Thursday 24 September 2015

The Wedding!

This week has been a busy one with the marriage of my two friends Zoey and Dan along with mine and E's first holiday. 

So after a long boring day at work on Monday all pistons were pumping to get down to London. Although the journey wasn't exactly straightforward - a train ride carrying all my weeks things - it went quite quickly. 

I was soon in South East London and killing a bit of time before we ventured to Jermyn Street to pick up the food for the wedding at Wilton's. 

Now parking a car covered, and I mean covered, in bird crap outside a pricey restaurant isn't always the best way to create a mouthwatering experience for the clientele it was definitely the way we picked up the food from Wilton's where Olivia, E's sister works. Once we had our supplies we were off for the three and a half hour drive to Taunton. 

Fast forward slightly to 3am and we're finally getting into bed after a long day for all of us. We slept like logs on Vicodin. 

Fast forward again ever so slightly and we're now moving ever Southward to the wedding venue which was beautiful. 

The Oak Barn had serious charm, serious space and seriously hard working guests. We began our day feeling a tad useless as Liv set her ovens to stun and began the catering frenzy whilst E and I helped as much as we could. 

The day itself was long and the food looked amazing, the cake especially looked brilliant, the fact that it was sprung on Liv at the end of the day is unnoticeable. Plus the fact I learned that a cake can in fact be naked without being a huge edible rack which is nice. 



The wedding itself was exactly the type of wedding becoming more common and I couldn't be more glad. The service was all of 15 minutes and very personal, none of the flashiness or gaudiness that people have come to expect from modern weddings was present. 

After was the Pimm's, pics and spectacular afternoon tea, (which I even helped make). 

The Naked Cake!
Sandwiches and sweets galore made the tea even better and visually pleasing to say the least. After this was the hog roast, which in my opinion is one of two ways a pig should be eaten. 

After sufficiently stuffing my face it was time to show the South how to get their groove on, accompanied by alcohol galore. However I'm please to say that two people told my other half that I was a good dancer. So take that world. Michael Reynolds can dance and is most certainly not afraid to use it. 


After hours of dancing and eating we retreated after a brief clean up in preparation for our long drive Northward the next day. 

At the early hour of 8:30 we roused and began to clean our hearts out. I may have possibly stuffed my face with sweets as I went, but I was working hard - I needed the sugar. 

Finished by 10 we got what food we could carry in the car along with all of our stuff and we made out way back to Taunton and then Northward...
The Chef and I
If you need any catering done for an event, consider the one and only Olivia Baggley - winner of the Craft Guild of Chefs award, details below. 


I'll be back tomorrow with a post all about our first holiday! 









No comments:

Post a Comment