Monday 17 August 2015

Oopsie doodles!

So I've not had a chance to sit down and have a write this week... Okay, that's a huge lie, I've had a ton of time but I haven't and quite a lot has happened.

So last Friday I went to some free outdoors theatre by Tower Bridge, courtesy of The Scoop. I have to admit, I didn't stay for the whole thing, because the acting wasn't astounding, but it was an enjoyable evening. The play that I watched was 'The Women of Troy', which to my surprise was the tale that was eventually turned into the movie Troy, which I thought was pretty guff. I'll give it another go though, just to see if my taste has changed.

Either way, hanging with two of my fav ladies and having an alcohol fuelled picnic was pretty awesome, as well as the leisurely stroll through that part of London after dark.

ALSO, yes the big also, the rest of this even continues on for September from the 2nd until 24th and it contains free cinema which is pretty groovy if you dig films such as Ghostbusters, Big and Frozen. The only lame part is that I'm away for Moulin Rouge. I love that film more than any man probably should, but whatever, I love me a sing along to sweet jams.


On Saturday one of my fav ladies was working and I had an all day type party to go to at my second home. It was pretty sweet, just getting to see and hang with my best mates for a few hours is always nice because we don't often all get to see each other in person. Since my PC broke and I've not had Leagueof Legends, which is our main contact hub, plus I haven't been on Skype to talk to them as much recently which is just silly. Why does life have to get away from us all so quickly?!

Either way, it was pretty awesome and I drank my fair share of alcoholic beverages, which always make me behave better if anything. Actually, infinitely - infinitely better.

The next day we awoke, had some more beverages and I went home. On the way home, my joint best friend Siobhan happened to text and see if I was free. 'Of course I am', I thought, 'I'm a jobless 23 year old with no spare money, my freedom is about all I have'. So, on that note, I popped down to the lovely town of Romford to see her.

Even more beverages were consumed, far too many in a sense, (which may or may not have left some of us sicker than others), and I once again returned to the homestead.

I awoke on Monday feeling pretty great, seriously, I felt fine which for someone who's barely slept and drank two days in a row – which is a rarity for me, I felt pretty swell. A whole weekend of seeing my favourite people and drinking was pretty good because it's so rare for me.

But, tired and in need of finishing some job applications, I had a pretty dull Monday. However, I found myself equipped with a copy of 'Rare Replay' from the week before, so the boredom didn't last long, (or the job applications).

If you're a kid that grew up in the 90's, this game is a must. For £20 it really can't be beat, aside from perhaps £20 during the Steam summer/winter sales. That amount of money could literally buy you 50 games. Seriously, 50.


This disc is a winner for someone like me, someone who knew of and played some of these games, but never had an N64 so couldn't own some of them. Not only we I reliving certain games, but also playing them without the rose tinted glasses of having the required console(s) which was awesome, because nostalgia can betray us in the worst ways as we get older. But, I'm kind of gutted I didn't play some of the games as a kid.




No comments:

Post a Comment